The domain of specialization is Inorganic Chemistry: Coordination Chemistry and Organometallic Chemistry, Synthesis and Reactivity of Transition Metal complexes. The research is mainly focused on:
- Synthesis of multifunctional ligands: chelating ligands containing P, N, O, and S as donor atoms. Hemilabile ligands, with different donor atoms (hard and soft)
- Complexation of ligands to transition metals: study of the different functionalities as chemical sensors, biomimetic systems (bioinorganic) or catalysts.
- Green Chemistry: Synthetic methods using non-conventional solvents (other than organic solvents): supercritical CO2, aqueous media, ionic liquids. The use of ultrasounds and microwaves as synthetic methods.
- Synthesis, Characterization and Reactivity of Cationic Gold(I) α-Diimine Complexes
P. de Frémont, H. Clavier, V. Rosa, T. Avilés and P. Braunstein
Organometallics, 30, 2241-2251 (2011)
- Comparison of the Structural and Stability Studies of New α-Diimine Complexes of Ag(I) and Cu(I): Density Functional Theory versus Experimental
V. Rosa, C. I. M. Santos, R. Welter, G. Aullón, C. Lodeiro, and T. Avilés
Inorg. Chem. 49, 8699–8708 (2010)
- A new tripodal poly-imine indole-containing ligand: Synthesis, complexation, spectroscopic and theoretical studies
B. Pedras, E. Oliveira, H. Santos, L. Rodríguez, R. Crehuet, T.Avilés, J. L. Capelo, C. Lodeiro
Inorg. Chim. Acta, 362, 2627-2635 (2009)
- Synthesis and characterization of Co and Ni complexes stabilized by keto- and acetamide-derived P,O-type phosphine ligands
M. Agostinho, V. Rosa, T. Avilés, R. Welter, P. Braunstein
Dalton Trans. 814–822 (2009)
- A new bis(1-naphthylimino)acenaphthene compound and its Pd(II) and Zn(II) complexes: Synthesis, characterization, solid state structures and density functional theory studies on the syn and anti isomers
V. Rosa; T. Avilés; G.Aullon; B. Covelo; C. Lodeiro.
Inorg. Chem. 47, 7734-7744 (2008)
- Synthesis, characterisation and solid state structures of α-diimine cobalt(II) complexes. Ethylene polymerisation tests
V. Rosa, S. A. Carabineiro, T. Avilés, P. T. Gomes, R. Welter, J. M. Campo, M. R. Ribeiro
J. Organomet. Chem. Vol. 693, 769-775 (2008)
- Sensing Metal ions with two new azomethine-thiophene pincer ligands (NSN): Fluorescence and MALDI-TOF-MS applications
B. Pedras, H. M. Santos, L. Fernandes, B. Covelo, A. Tamayo, E. Bértolo, J. L. Capelo, T. Avilés, C. Lodeiro.
Inorg. Chem.Commun 10, 925-929 (2007)
- Synthesis, solid state structures and EPR studies in polycrystalline and single crystal samples of α-diimine cobalt(II) complexes
V. Rosa, P. J. Gonzalez, T. Avilés, P. T. Gomes, R. Welter, A. C. Rizzi, M. C. G. Passeggi, and C. D. Brondino.
Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 4761-4769 (2006)