- Wastewater Treatment
- Drinking Water Treatment
- Biological Nutrient Removal
- Enhanced Biological Phosphorus Removal
- Metabolic Modelling
- Microbial Ecology
- Xenobiotics Removal
- Ion Exchange Membranes
- Remoção de xenobioticos
- Membranas de permuta ionica
1. Amyotte PR and Oehmen AM. 2002. Application of a loss causation model to the Westray mine explosion. Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 80 (B1), 55-59.
2. Yuan ZG, Oehmen A, and Ingildsen P. 2002. Control of nitrate recirculation flow in predenitrification systems. Water Science and Technology, 45 (4-5), 29-36.
3. Saunders AM, Oehmen A, Blackall LL, Yuan Z, Keller J. 2003. The effect of GAOs (glycogen accumulating organisms) on anaerobic carbon requirements in full-scale Australian EBPR (enhanced biological phosphorus removal) plants. Water Science and Technology, 47(11):37-43.
4. Oehmen A, Yuan Z, Blackall LL, Keller J. 2004. Short-term effects of carbon source on the competition of polyphosphate accumulating organisms and glycogen accumulating organisms. Water Science and Technology, 50(10):139-144.
5. Oehmen A, Keller-Lehmann B, Zeng RJ, Yuan ZG, Keller J. 2005. Optimisation of poly-β-hydroxyalkanoate analysis using gas chromatography for enhanced biological phosphorus removal systems. Journal of Chromatography A, 1070(1-2):131-136.
6. Oehmen A, Zeng RJ, Yuan ZG, Keller J. 2005. Anaerobic metabolism of propionate by polyphosphate accumulating organisms in enhanced biological phosphorus removal systems. Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 91(1): 43-53.
7. Oehmen A, Yuan ZG, Blackall LL, Keller J. 2005. Comparison of acetate and propionate uptake by polyphosphate accumulating organisms and glycogen accumulating organisms. Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 91(2): 162-168.
8. Oehmen A*, Vives MT, Lu H, Yuan ZG, Keller J. 2005. The effect of pH on the competition between polyphosphate accumulating organisms and glycogen accumulating organisms. Water Research, 39(15): 3727-3737.
9. Oehmen A, Saunders AM, Vives MT, Yuan ZG, Keller J. 2006. Competition between polyphosphate- and glycogen-accumulating organisms in enhanced biological phosphorus removal systems with acetate and propionate as carbon sources. Journal of Biotechnology, 123(1): 22-32.
10. Oehmen A, Zeng RJ, Saunders AM, Blackall LL, Keller J, Yuan ZG. 2006. Anaerobic and aerobic metabolism of glycogen accumulating organisms selected with propionate as the sole carbon source. Microbiology-Sgm, 152(9): 2767-2778.
11. Oehmen A*, Viegas R, Velizarov S, Reis MAM, and Crespo JG. 2006. Removal of heavy metals from drinking water supplies through the ion exchange membrane bioreactor. Desalination 199(1-3), 405-407.
12. Lu H, Oehmen A, Virdis B, Keller J, Yuan ZG. 2006. Obtaining highly enriched cultures of Candidatus Accumulibacter Phosphatis through alternating carbon sources. Water Research, 40(20): 3838-3848.
13. Dai Y, Yuan ZG, Wang X, Oehmen A, and Keller J. 2007. Anaerobic metabolism of Defluviicoccus vanus related glycogen accumulating organisms (GAOs) with acetate and propionate as carbon sources. Water Research 41(9): 1885-1896.
14. Oehmen A, Zeng RJ, Keller J, Yuan ZG. 2007. Modeling the aerobic metabolism of polyphosphate accumulating organisms enriched with propionate as a carbon source. Water Environment Research 79(13): 2477-2486.
15. Oehmen A, Lemos PC, Carvalho G, Yuan ZG, Keller J, Blackall LL, Reis MAM. 2007. Advances in enhanced biological phosphorus removal: from micro to macro scale. Water Research 41(11): 2271-2300.
16. Carvalho G, Lemos PC, Oehmen A, Reis MAM. 2007. Denitrifying phosphorus removal: Linking the process performance with the microbial community structure. Water Research 41(19): 4383-4396.
17. Pijuan M, Oehmen A, Baeza JA, Casas C, Yuan Z. 2008. Characterising the biochemical activity of full-scale enhanced biological phosphorus removal systems: A comparison with metabolic models. Biotechnology and Bioengineering 99(1): 170-179.
18. Velizarov S, Matos C, Oehmen A, Serra S, Reis MAM, Crespo JG. 2008. Removal of inorganic charged micropollutants from drinking water supplies by hybrid ion exchange membrane processes. Desalination 223:85-90.
19. Dias JML, Oehmen A, Serafim LS, Lemos PC, Reis MAM, Oliveira R. 2008. Metabolic modelling of polyhydroxyalkanoate copolymers production from different volatile fatty acids by mixed microbial cultures. BMC Systems Biology 2:59.
20. Yuan ZG, Oehmen A, Peng Y, Ma Y, Keller J. 2008. Sludge population optimisation in biological wastewater treatment systems through on-line process control: a re/view. Reviews in Environmental Science and Bio/technology 7(3): 243-254.
21. Gagnon GA, Baribeau H, Rutledge SO, Dumancic R, Oehmen A, Chauret C, Andrews SA. 2008. Disinfectant efficacy in distribution systems: A pilot-scale assessment. Journal of Water Supply Research and Technology – AQUA 57(7): 507-518.
22. Lopez-Vazquez CM, Oehmen A, Hooijmans CM, Brdjanovic D, Gijzen HJ, Yuan ZG, van Loosdrecht MCM. 2009. Modeling the PAO-GAO competition: effects of carbon source, pH and temperature. Water Research 43(2): 450-462.
23. van Loosdrecht MCM, Oehmen A, Hooijmans CM, Brdjanovic D, Gijzen HJ, Yuan ZG, Lopez-Vazquez CM. 2009. Response to the Comment on “Modelling the PAO-GAO competition: Effects of carbon source, pH and temperature” by Dwight Houweling et al. Water Research 43(11): 2950-2951.
24. Freitas F, Temudo M, Carvalho G, Oehmen A, Reis MAM. 2009. Robustness of sludge enriched with short SBR cycles for biological nutrient removal. Bioresource Technology 100(6): 1969-1976.
25. Oehmen A, Fradinho J, Serra S, Carvalho G, Capelo JL, Velizarov S, Crespo JG, Reis MAM. 2009. The effect of carbon source on the biological reduction of ionic mercury. Journal of Hazardous Materials 165(1-3): 1040-1048.
26. Corominas Ll, Rieger L, Takacs I, Ekama G, Hauduc H, Vanrolleghem PA, Oehmen A, Gernaey KV, van Loosdrecht MCM, Comeau Y. 2010. New framework for standardised notation in wastewater treatment modelling. Water Science and Technology 61(4): 841-857.
27. Zhou Y, Pijuan M, Oehmen A, Yuan ZG. 2010. The source of reducing power in the anaerobic metabolism of polyphosphate accumulating organisms (PAOs)-A mini-review. Water Science and Technology 61(7): 1653-1662.
28. Oehmen A*, Carvalho G, Freitas F, Reis MAM. 2010. Assessing the abundance and activity of denitrifying polyphosphate accumulating organisms through molecular and chemical techniques. Water Science and Technology 61(8): 2061-2068.
29. Oehmen A*, Lopez-Vazquez CM, Carvalho G, Reis MAM, van Loosdrecht MCM. 2010. Modelling the population dynamics and metabolic diversity of organisms relevant in anaerobic/anoxic/aerobic enhanced biological phosphorus removal processes. Water Research 44(15): 4473-4486.
30. Carvalho G, Marques R, Lopes AR, Faria C, Noronha JP, Oehmen A, Nunes OC, Reis MAM. 2010. Biological treatment of propanil and 3,4-dichloroaniline from contaminated waters: kinetic and microbiological characterisation. Water Research 44(17): 4980-4991.
31. Oehmen A, Carvalho G, Lopez-Vazquez CM, van Loosdrecht MCM, Reis MAM. 2010. Incorporating microbial ecology into the metabolic modelling of polyphosphate accumulating organisms and glycogen accumulating organisms. Water Research 44(17): 4992-5004.
32. Salgado R, Noronha JP, Oehmen A, Carvalho G, Reis MAM. 2010. Analysis of 65 pharmaceuticals and personal care products in 5 wastewater treatment plants in Portugal using a simplified analytical methodology. Water Science and Technology 62(12): 2862-2871.
33. Carvalho G, Almeida B, Fradinho J, Oehmen A, Reis MAM, Barreto Crespo MT. (in press) Microbial characterisation of mercury reducing mixed cultures enriched with different carbon sources. Microbes and Environments doi:10.1264/jsme2.ME11112.
34. Zhou Y, Oehmen A, Lim M, Vadivelu V, Ng WJ. (in press). The role of nitrite and free nitrous acid (FNA) in wastewater treatment plants. Water Research doi:10.1016/j.watres.2011.06.025.
35. Salgado R, Marques R, Noronha JP, Carvalho G, Oehmen A*, Reis MAM. (in press) Assessing the diurnal variability of pharmaceutical and personal care products in a full-scale activated sludge plant. Environmental Pollution doi:10.1016/j.envpol.2011.07.004.
36. Silva AF, Carvalho G, Oehmen A, Lousada-Ferreira M, van Nieuwenhuijzen A, Reis MAM, Barreto Crespo MT. (accepted) Microbial population analysis of nutrient removal-related organisms in membrane bioreactors. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology