Physical Organic Chemistry / Radical Chemistry. Radiation Chemistry. Oxidative stress. Radiolysis. ESR. Reaction mechanisms.
- VIEIRA, A.J.S.C.; STEENKEN, S. "Pattern of OH Radical Reaction with Adenine and its Nucleosides and Nucleotides. Characterization of Two Types of Isomeric OH Adduct and their Unimolecular Transformation Reactions", J. Am. Chem. Soc. (1990), 112, 6986
- TELO, J.P.; VIEIRA, A.J.S.C. "Mechanism of Free Radical Oxidation of Caffeine in Aqueous Solution", J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. 2 (1997), 1755
- STEENKEN, S.; VIEIRA, A.J.S.C. "Water Assisted Intramolecular Electron Transfer from the Ring to Side Chain in N,N,N’,N’-Tetraalkyl-para-phenylenediamine Radicals – The Reverse of Side Chain Deprotonation of Radical Cations", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. (2001), 40 (3), 571-573
- SANTOS, P.M.P.; TELO, J.P.; VIEIRA, A.J.S.C. "Structure and Redox Properties of Radicals Derived from One-electron Oxidised Methylxanthines", Redox Report (2008), 13(3), 123
- SANTOS, P.M.P.; ANTUNES, A.M.M.; NORONHA, J.; FERNANDES, E.; VIEIRA, A.J.S.C. "Scavenging activity of aminoantipyrines against hydroxyl radical", Eur. J. Med. Chem. (2010), 45, 2258-2264